Welcome to Legal Knowledge Scotland. We provide legal support to law firms. Our specialist areas are property law, tax, wills, trusts and succession. However, we are experienced legal researchers and can also provide support in other areas on request.
Our services include access to a continuously updated property styles bank which you will find on our styles page.
- 26 October 2016 : Phoebe Russel-Smith, Stephanie Dion-Jones and Alexis Herskowit v Ijeoma Uchegbu, 30 September 2016 – level of sanction payable by landlord for failing to comply with tenancy deposit regulations
Sheriff court case in which 3 students from the University of Edinburgh, who held a short assured tenancy over a flat on Drummond Street in Edinburgh, sought sanction from their [More...]
- 18 October 2016 : Tonsley (Strathclyde) Limited and Tonsley (Strathclyde No. 2) Limited as Trustees Of The Tonsley 2 Trust v Scottish Enterprise, 4 October 2016 – repairing obligations in lease, payment clause or common law damages
Outer House case concerning a lease of premises in Strathclyde Business Park in Bellshill. The lease came to an end in September 2013 and the landlord argued that, in terms of [More...]
- 14 October 2016 : Private client locum and consultancy service
If you think your firm may require a private client locum solicitor or partner, short or long term, or private client consultancy input please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 October 2016 : Tyco Fire & Integrated Solutions (UK) Limited v Regent Quay Development Company Limited, 16 August 2016 – Validity of notice exercising break option in lease
This is an Inner House case concerning the validity of a break option served by a tenant to a landlord in respect of premises in the Glover Pavilion at Aberdeen [More...]
- 3 October 2016 : Highland Ventures Limited (Applicants) against The Keeper of the Registers of Scotland (Respondent) and Marketing Management Services Limited (Interested Party)- rectification of inaccuracies in the Land Register
Case from the Lands Tribunal for Scotland considering an application for rectification of a number of inaccuracies in the Land Register. Highland Ventures was the former owner of a hotel in [More...]
- 13 September 2016 : Outlook Finance Limited v. William Lindsay, Executor Nominate in the estates of Euan Mcintyre Lindsay – standard security descriptions and pre-action requirements
Sheriff court case relating to a standard security granted in favour of Outlook Finance over Harperfield Farm near Lanark. Background The standard security was granted by Euan Lindsay in October 2010 as [More...]
- 6 September 2016 : LKS Property and Conveyancing Casebook
LKS is now more than 5 years old and, to celebrate, the current version of the LKS Property and Conveyancing Casebook is now available freely available here.
- 6 September 2016 : ASA International Limited v Kashmiri Properties (Ireland) Limited, 23 August 2016 – creation of servitude right by implied grant
Inner House case considering a dispute as to the existence of a servitude right of access in the title of a property at Coates Crescent in Edinburgh. Background Nos. 6 and 7 [More...]
- 20 August 2016 : Nickson & Ors, Re Rectification of a Deed of Appointment  ScotCS CSOH_119
The Court of Session has refused to rectify a deed made to dismantle a nil-rate band trust created under a will. The deed fell into the so-called 'Frankland Trap'. " In [More...]
- 15 August 2016 : The Firm of Johnson, Thomas and Thomas and others v Thomas Smith and T G & V Properties Limited and Clyde Gateway Developments Limited, 28 July 2016
Sheriff court case considering the existence of a servitude right of parking. Johnson, Thomson and Thomson owned an area of land in Rutherglen (part of the Cuningar Loop) which was used [More...]