Welcome to Legal Knowledge Scotland. We provide legal support to law firms. Our specialist areas are property law, tax, wills, trusts and succession. However, we are experienced legal researchers and can also provide support in other areas on request.
Our services include access to a continuously updated property styles bank which you will find on our styles page.
- 13 September 2016 : Outlook Finance Limited v. William Lindsay, Executor Nominate in the estates of Euan Mcintyre Lindsay – standard security descriptions and pre-action requirements
Sheriff court case relating to a standard security granted in favour of Outlook Finance over Harperfield Farm near Lanark. Background The standard security was granted by Euan Lindsay in October 2010 as [More...]
- 6 September 2016 : LKS Property and Conveyancing Casebook
LKS is now more than 5 years old and, to celebrate, the current version of the LKS Property and Conveyancing Casebook is now available freely available here.
- 6 September 2016 : ASA International Limited v Kashmiri Properties (Ireland) Limited, 23 August 2016 – creation of servitude right by implied grant
Inner House case considering a dispute as to the existence of a servitude right of access in the title of a property at Coates Crescent in Edinburgh. Background Nos. 6 and 7 [More...]
- 20 August 2016 : Nickson & Ors, Re Rectification of a Deed of Appointment  ScotCS CSOH_119
The Court of Session has refused to rectify a deed made to dismantle a nil-rate band trust created under a will. The deed fell into the so-called 'Frankland Trap'. " In [More...]
- 15 August 2016 : The Firm of Johnson, Thomas and Thomas and others v Thomas Smith and T G & V Properties Limited and Clyde Gateway Developments Limited, 28 July 2016
Sheriff court case considering the existence of a servitude right of parking. Johnson, Thomson and Thomson owned an area of land in Rutherglen (part of the Cuningar Loop) which was used [More...]
- 9 August 2016 : Edwards-Moss and another v HMRC  UKFTT 0147 (TC)
Interesting case where the First-tier Tribunal held that the rights of a deceased person and their family to privacy were outweighed by the public interest in fairness of judicial proceedings [More...]
- 8 August 2016 : Private client locum and consultancy service
If you think your firm may require a private client locum solicitor, short or long term, or private client consultancy input please contact me at email@example.com
- 8 August 2016 : Petition by the John Muir Trust for Judicial Review of a decision of the Scottish Ministers dated 6th June, 2014, 22 July 2016 –Judicial review of Ministers’ decision to grant consent for Stronelairg wind farm
This is an Inner House case in which the John Muir Trust sought reduction of the Scottish Ministers’ decision to grant consent for the construction of 67 wind turbines at [More...]
- 1 August 2016 : Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body v The Sovereign Indigenous Peoples of Scotland, 27 July 2016 – removal of protestors camping at the Scottish Parliament
Outer House case in which the Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body sought an order for removal of a group of individuals camped within the grounds of the Scottish Parliament. In a previous [More...]
- 25 July 2016 : AWG Business Centres Limited v Regus Caledonia Limited and others, 13 July 2016 – Interpretation of repairing obligations in lease
Outer House case considering the repairing obligations contained in a lease and sub-lease of 3 floors of Riverside House at Riverside Drive in Aberdeen. The lease and sublease referred to common [More...]